Thursday, March 10, 2011

Being Real...Authenticity = Connection

I've been watching my mother blog consistently 5 times a week for I believe 2 years now (wow). And I have heard the feedback she gets is that people are craving someone to talk about the hard things that basically NO ONE talks about. I have to admit, she has a style different from my own in unique ways (one being our grief is just "different") but the idea of writing about the tough things she goes through usually on a daily basis makes me wonder...

Do I have anything meaningful or interesting things to say?

It is tough to 1. Be objective toward yourself and 2. To not have doubts that maybe you aren't special, and why would people want to read what you have to say...

But, as my parents have termed those thoughts to be internal "Gremlins" that voice uncertainty and insecurities we all have, I have to learn that no matter what I may be insecure about, there is one thing I know about people, and it's simply this:

People are CRAVING authenticity.
People want to enter someone else's world apart from their own.
People are fascinated with the "inside" scoop as to what makes one "tick" so to speak.

So all doubts of my significance in this interweb world aside, I know myself, and I believe I know what people respond to...someone having the courage to be not only real, but to be vulnerable.

And yes, that is scary.
BUT, I feel like the simple great appeal that I have for authenticity is big enough to "get me out of the way" and share what God is doing, what I am going through, and how I process this crazy and often backward world we live in.

I will go further into what I mean when I say that in another post. And I plan to write on things that I am passionate about (God, Jesus Christ, Souls, Heaven, etc.) and be as real and authentic, so that you know what you see is what you get...I do not want to seek approval from men, but seek to connect with souls on a level that people are often afraid to explore. Again I can go into that more later...

So welcome to the Wonderfully Awkward and Hazy Life of Nathan Prince. Oh I can't resist... "I share because I care." hahaha i'm a nerd as well..

I'm excited to throw caution to the wind and talk about not only the Light in my life, but the Dark that is all too existent as well.

Be blessed and I hope you come back now ya hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment