Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Colorless World

don't ask me why, or what spurred this, but for some reason, I am seeing so much beauty around me. Don't get me wrong, I have loved and thanked Him for blessings, but I'm not referring to things that He has specifically given to me. I walked outside last night, it was like 65 degrees around dusk, and all the sudden a sweeping of the beauty of nature came over me. It may be corny, and I can't tell you why, like I said, but a calming and sweet peace from God came over me, and I marveled at His creation.

The birds, the trees, the grass, the temperature, all of it seemed more glorious than ever. It was a surreal moment.

I believe I am falling more in love with Him. No, scratch that, what am I saying, I AM falling more in love with Him. I just want to thank Him for the beauty of all He has created, the beauty of women (both inside and out), the brotherly love of man, the sweetness and innocence of children, the companionship of my dog.

All of it has a renewed spirit of thanksgiving seeing His glory in them. He is in all things. And I see this ONLY by the Spirit of God, this I know for sure.

And I didn't even ask for this. Haha all I asked for was more of Him, more of His Spirit, and helping me to fall back in love with Jesus Christ. Not for blessings (i.e. "Do this and I will bless you"), no, worshiping Him for Him. Adoration of His Goodness and Glory and Love.

Is this too sappy? Is this too touchy feely? I am sorry if not many people talk this way, but I can say with certainty that this is His loving and gracious way of waking me up to His Beauty. I am actually sorry I have NOT seen things this way in such a long time.

Ah, depression, long have I lived in your colorless world. I did not enjoy it, but because of you, I now greater appreciate the restoration of the color to my life and seeing His radiance in simple things.

I once was colorblind but now I see, the glory of God that surroundeth me.

3 comments:

  1. Nate,

    This brings tears to my eyes. God is amazing that in our absolute darkness of grief, He shines His radiant, loving light and reminds us of all that is precious, even as He ever wraps His loving arms around us. So enlivening that God uses Satan's darkness to accentuate the beauty of His light!

    "Ah, depression, long have I lived in your colorless world. I did not enjoy it, but because of you, I now greater appreciate the restoration of the color to my life and seeing His radiance in simple things.

    "I once was colorblind but now I see, the glory of God that surroundeth me."

    Thank You God, and amen, sweet son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and so from the heart. I wish I could be in that place right now. I DO love the Lord, my Savior, and desire a closer walk with Him. I want to be filled with His Holy Spirit and I pray all the time for Him to use me to fulfill His divine purpose in my life. I have a long way to go, but, thankfully, God is very patient with me. Thank you for this inspiring post, Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How ironic that I read this after blogging about how the color has been drained from my world since the death of my older daughter. I hope to see the beauty again one day.

    ReplyDelete